In a year that was filled with drama, action and excitement across both the men’s and women’s game, The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018 look set to build on the success of 2017’s event and return to London bigger and better than ever.
The winners will be crowned at the Royal Festival Hall (Southbank) on 24 September 2018, where the great and good of world football will descend upon the city to celebrate the very “best” the sport has to offer.
The shortlisted candidates for The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018 are:
The Best FIFA Men’s Player:
• Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Juventus FC, formerly Real Madrid CF)
• Luka Modrić (Croatia/Real Madrid CF)
• Mohamed Salah (Egypt/Liverpool FC)
The Best FIFA Women’s Player:
• Ada Hegerberg (Norway/Olympique Lyonnais)
• Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany/Olympique Lyonnais)
• Marta (Brazil/Orlando Pride)
The Best FIFA Men’s Coach:
• Zlatko Dalić (Croatia/Croatia national team)
• Didier Deschamps (France/France national team)
• Zinédine Zidane (France/formerly Real Madrid CF)
The Best FIFA Women’s Coach:
• Reynald Pedros (France/Olympique Lyonnais)
• Asako Takakura (Japan/Japan national team)
• Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands/Netherlands national team)
The Best FIFA Goalkeeper:
• Thibaut Courtois (Belgium/Real Madrid CF, formerly Chelsea FC)
• Hugo Lloris (France/Tottenham Hotspur FC)
• Kasper Schmeichel (Denmark/Leicester City FC)
FIFA Puskás Award:
• Gareth Bale (Real Madrid CF) – v. Liverpool FC
• Denis Cheryshev (Russia) – v. Croatia
• Lazaros Christodoulopoulos (AEK FC) – v. Olympiacos FC
• Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Cruzeiro) – v. América MG
• Riley McGree (Newcastle Jets FC) – v. Melbourne City FC
• Lionel Messi (Argentina) – v. Nigeria
• Benjamin Pavard (France) – v. Argentina
• Ricardo Quaresma (Portugal) – v. IR Iran
• Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid CF) – v. Juventus FC
• Mohamed Salah (Liverpool FC) – v. Everton FC
FIFA Fan Award:
• Sebastián Carrera (Deportes Puerto Montt, Chile)
• Peru fans
• Japan and Senegal fans
Notes to editors
The winner of The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award will be chosen by a specialist panel, while the winners of The Best FIFA Men’s Player, Women’s Player, Men’s Coach and Women’s Coach awards will be determined by the following votes:
• 25% from national team coaches
• 25% from national team captains
• 25% from select media representatives
• 25% online vote
The voting for the FIFA Puskás Award and the FIFA Fan Award is done entirely by the general public, and is now open at www.FIFA.com.
The voting procedure for each of the awards will be supervised and monitored by an independent observer, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Switzerland.
The FIFA FIFPro World11 shortlist of 55 players will be announced on 10 September, at 13:00 BST, with the final 11 players revealed at the prestigious event on 24 September.
For more information on the voting process for each of The Best FIFA Football Awards, see the Rules of Allocation.
To keep up with the latest news about The Best FIFA Football Awards, visit FIFA.com, The Best FIFA Football Awards official Facebook page and FIFA on YouTube
Join the discussion about who should win this year’s awards by using the hashtag #TheBest.
Subscribe to this channel
Every day we bring you the top trending videos and news being shared around the web. What’s Trending also gives you access to your favorite digital stars and The pulse of what’s trending on YouTube. Check out the latest music videos, trailers, comedy clips, and everything else that people are … Trending this Week.
Trending videos are any videos that YouTube users are interacting with at a very high rate. Often these videos were recently uploaded (a day or so ago). As previously mentioned, you can view the current trending videos under the “Trending” tab on the YouTube homepage, even if you’re not logged in or don’t have an account.
For brands, the goal of creating trending content isn’t necessary. It could be a shoot-for-the-stars goal, because if one of your videos goes viral, it could end up on the trending page and thus gain significant exposure to your company. However, silly commercials, like those on the Super Bowl, have ended up as trending YouTube videos shortly following their television debut
Would you like to support the website? Please visit our patreon page here! https://www.patreon.com/Likke
We don’t expect or assume anyone will contribute any more to our crazy projects than simply watching our videos. We appreciate that by itself. But if you feel like contributing more, it’ll all go back into creating more stuff.
I created Likke Studios 5 years ago and to see what it has gone on to do is more then I ever imagined. Now we want to take things to the next level. We want to continue making new original content. We want to continue working with talented actors and actresses and discover great new talents. Most importantly we want to bring you the best Entertainment you can ever ask for.